Who would have thought that you can whiten your teeth with the banana peel?
A load of rubbish! Right?
Actually, it isn’t. You can really whiten your teeth with banana peel, and only in two weeks!
It is the latest trend in natural teeth whitening. Besides, it is cheap or almost free.
Let us show you why and how this natural and healthy method works.
Why does it work?
- Advocates of this method claim that minerals such as calcium, potassium, and magnesium that are there in the peel are absorbed by the teeth, and that makes them brighter.
- They also believe that banana peel being soft, are kinder on your teeth than more abrasive alternatives.
Here’s how it works:
Pick a banana
- Choose a banana that is ripe, but not black.
- Peel off one strip from it. You can use the rest over the next few days. Peel it from the bottom. That way you can avoid the threads.
Rub the inside of the peel on your teeth.
- You should rub it against your upper and lower teeth until they are well coated with a layer of paste.
- When your teeth are completely coated, sit back and let it work for 10 minutes.
- Keep your mouth open and your lips away from your teeth. At first, you may find it hard, but it will stop the paste from rubbing off.
Brush your teeth.
- After the 10 minutes are over, Brush your teeth with a dry toothbrush.
- Use a circular motion for brushing. Do it for 3 or 4 minutes. This will help distribute it into the crevices of your teeth.
- Next brush your teeth, with a wet toothbrush or toothpaste. This is like regular brushing so that no residue of the banana paste remains.
Repeat this every day.
- Most likely you won’t see much of a change on your first day, or in the next few days. You have to continue this treatment for two weeks. You will see the difference then.
- As this is a gradual process, you may not notice any difference even then. To really check if it worked, you should before and after photos. We are sure you will notice the difference if you compare the two shots.
So, next time you have bananas in the house, don’t throw away the peel. Instead, use it to try out this user-friendly and natural process. And after 15 days, sit back and admire your shiny white teeth!