The things we do in our daily life – working at a desk, driving, carrying kids even texting – put unnecessary strain on your 17 shoulder muscles. And the result is shoulder slump. The bad news, however, is that this dropping of the shoulders is actually a very bad thing! With the smallest impact or strain, you can develop shoulder impingements, rotator-cuff tears and of course headaches caused by neck tension.
So you ask, what are these 3 moves that we are speaking about? We’ll check those out now…
3 Best Shoulder Slump Fixing Workouts!
These are actually simple moves – and you should include these into your daily workout routine:
#1: Foam Rolls for your Lats
The lats are one of the stronger shoulder muscles responsible for rolling the shoulders but when you hunch they get stretched out of shape. This exercise works those out:
1. Take a foam roller and place under your armpit while lying down.
2. Roll up and down on the roller for 30 seconds.
3. Now move over the roller a bit till it rests a little behind the armpit.
4. Repeat the same rolling motion for 30 seconds.
5. Switch to the other arm and repeat.
#2: Release Pecs using ball
The Pecs are another important muscle that makes up your shoulder, and you must’ve heard of these often. They actually get tighter and shortened with slumping. With this exercise you will be releasing these muscles, reducing strain:
1. You need a lacrosse ball for this.
2. Stand to face a wall with the ball placed near your armpit, 2 inches below your collarbone. Hold the ball between your chest and the wall.
3. Now press into the ball and move your shoulder around till you feel any tense spots. Once you do, roll around before moving on to other spots. Do this for a minute.
4. Repeat with the other shoulder.
And finally the third exercise…
#3: Down dog push ups
As you slump, you are actually losing out on strength and tone from your shoulders as well as your upper back. Later on, when you try to lift weights, etc., this can lead to easy injury. But you can strengthen the areas using this exercise:
1. Get down on the ground in a push-up position.
2. Now bring your feet forward, and lift your hips higher till you form an inverted V shape.
3. Your back should be flat, your heels flat against the ground.
4. Now you will need to touch your head to the ground, but you can only bend your elbows for this. Push back up.
5. Repeat 10 times.
You can watch Video Also
A Shoulder slump is actually a very visible feature in any person. We normally associate it with low self-esteem, or a life spent toiling away. But the fact is that it has a lot more to do with your health. You may be working out on the rest of your body – and keeping quite fit. But if you neglect your shoulders, that itself may lead to injury – even during your daily workouts!
Shoulder slump not only looks unsightly but also leads to underlying problems that would don’t even normally attribute to it. For instance, you may not even realize that the recurring headaches you get are actually being caused by the drooping shoulder muscles. They are putting a strain on your entire back – and this leads to headaches. And of course, who doesn’t want to remain fit?
So do be sure to incorporate these exercises into your daily regimen. It may pain a little at first – but that’s just your shoulders gearing up to become healthy. In the long run – it’ll actually eliminate many a cause for chronic pain!